It’s a cold, rainy Fall day in NYC, and what better than to make a big pot of cozy comfort food for the soul?
I was invited to join the TresOmega Blogger Recipe Challenge and I thought my One Pot Chili Mac Soup recipe would be the perfect thing to make with their gluten free pasta incorporated. This recipe is a cross between chili, tacos, mac and cheese and soup – all mixed together into a delicious pot of goodness..trust me, you’re gonna love this!!!
TresOmega Gluten Free Quinoa Elbows Pasta is made with a unique blend of Organic Royal Bolivian Quinoa – a nutrient packed superfood, organic amaranth, an ancient grain rich is vitamins and minerals, and organic white rice. The pasta is gluten-free, corn-free and certified organic and GMO-free, and has 3 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein in each serving.
First I cooked the pasta and tossed it in some TresOmega Virgin Coconut oil to add to the soup later.
Next I browned the ground beef, garlic and onions in a little more coconut oil and added some taco seasoning to the mixture in a large dutch oven.
Then I added all the delicious veggies to the pot – corn, three types of beans, tomatoes, and chiles, and mixed it all together with the ranch seasoning. Just cover the pot and let simmer on low for about an hour, adding the cooked pasta in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Guys, this is so easy..and soooo good!
You can top this soup with whatever your heart desires – sour cream, jalapeños, shredded Mexican cheese, green onions, corn chips, maybe even a little parsley or cilantro for some extra green…go nuts!
This one-pot recipe is so simple to make and so delicious and best of all gluten free! So you can have a big pot of comfort food without all the guilt and feeling weighted down. Although on a cold rainy day like today, it might just warrant taking a nice nap afterwards. Enjoy 😉
- 2 tablespoons Tresomega Virgin Coconut oil, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- One 15 1/2-ounce can pinto beans
- One 15 1/2-ounce can black beans
- One 15 1/2-ounce can kidney beans
- One 8.75-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- One 14 1/2-ounce can tomatoes with chiles
- Two 4 1/2-ounce cans diced green chiles
- One 1 1/4-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- One 1-ounce package ranch salad dressing mix
- One package Tresomega Gluten Free Elbows
- Corn chips, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
- Heat one tablespoon of Tresomega Coconut Oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the ground beef, onions and garlic and brown for about 5-7 minutes; drain the excess fat. Transfer the mixture to a large stockpot or Dutch oven, stir in taco seasoning.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles and ranch dressing mix, and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in the pot on the stove.
- Meanwhile, cook Tresomega Elbows according to package directions, drain, toss with a tablespoon of Tresomega Coconut Oil and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Top with corn chips, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, green onions and jalapenos.
Note - you can also cook the soup in a slow cooker over low heat for 6-8 hours.
To find out more info and purchase Tresomega Nutrition products, visit their website or visit them on social media:
You can also purchase their products at: Sams.com, Amazon.com and Walmart.com”
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by TresOmega Nutrition as part of their Blogger Recipe Challenge. I did not receive compensation for this post but did receive products to develop this recipe and all opinions, recipes, photos and text are my own. Please do not use any images without my granted permission. Do feel free to share this post on social media with a link back to the original post and credit to Kristen Hess/The Artful Gourmet.