Peaches. There’s something so satisfying about biting into the sweet, juicy flesh that quenches the thirst for a cool and refreshing treat in the summertime.
Even the perfectly round shape, bright peachy red and fuzzy exterior gives it a heavenly appeal.
This summer salad recipe pairs white peaches with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella tossed in a tangy sweet vinaigrette. It’s refreshing, light, and the salty prosciutto paired with the cool, mild mozzarella and sweet peaches is a combination to die for. You can also substitute the mozzarella with Ricotta Salata (fresh ricotta) or Feta cheese, and add some sliced or slivered almonds for crunch if you like. Serve this salad with some crusty bread and a glass of white wine – perfect for a lunch or dinner side salad with an Italian dish.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head leafy green lettuce
- 2 large white peaches, sliced into wedges
- ½ red onion, sliced paper thin
- 3-4 slices prosciutto, sliced thin and torn into pieces
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded into pieces
- Combine lemon juice, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, stirring constantly, until vinaigrette is mixed thoroughly and doesn’t separate.
- Combine lettuce and peach wedges in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange salad on serving dish or in individual bowls and top with prosciutto, red onion and mozzarella cheese. Top with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread and a glass of white wine (Reisling or Chardonnay pairs well).
Almost too pretty to eat.
Other Recipes you may enjoy: